About Bay Area Girls Club
Our nonprofit organization is in the process of rebuilding / rebranding with the new name of Bay Area Girls Club (our previous name was Girls Inc. of West Contra Costa County). As an organization, we have been serving girls ages 5-18 in West Contra Costa County for the past 45 years as a safe place for them to be themselves and realize their greatest potential.
We were established in August 1975 as Richmond Girls Club in a beauty salon by a group of dynamic women who endeavored to create a safe and positive home-away-from-home for girls living in Richmond, our name became Girls Inc. of West Contra Costa County in 1985.
Since our organization’s founding, we have served over 6,000 girls ages 5-18 in West Contra Costa County. The demographics of the girls we have served have been 70% African American, 25% Latino, 2% White, 1 % Asian, and 2% Other / Multi-Ethnic Minority. We have also established a new mission for the organization, which is to uplift girls ages 5-18 to be game-changers for the future through programming that develops life skills, encourages curiosity and discourse, and fosters community.
Our organization is currently seeking a Development Director to oversee our donor relations program and manage our fundraising initiatives. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the fundraising campaigns – from design to implementation, high-touch engagement of current donors, cultivating prospective donors, and building a stronger development and communications team for our organization. The development director will draft reports for funders and other communications as needed. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as other fundraising campaigns. If you have a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development, we encourage you to apply.
● Develop and implement our annual fundraising program
● Engage in strategic planning to identify prospective individual donors and foster sustainable relationships with measurable success
● Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors, increasing outreach efforts to expand donor database.
● Research donor relation programs at local, state, and federal institutions
● Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to Board of Directors and funders
● Collaborate with Board of Directors and staff (as hired) on the planning of fundraising events and donor receptions
● Identify new funding opportunities and draft grant proposals
● Develop virtual and print marketing collateral to support fundraising efforts and increase the organization’s visibility.
Qualifications & Skills
● Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field
● 5+ years of demonstrated success and progressive fundraising experience
● Foundation relationship and grant writing experience
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Powerpoint and Google suite and virtual communication savviness
● Self-starter with exceptional organizational skills
● Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills a must
Status & Compensation:
Part-time – $30-$35 per hour (possibility of becoming a full-time position). Position begins February 8, 2022
Bay Area Girls Club is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Bay Area Girls Club makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.